Set your sights on a peak, and climb all the way to the summit.
The Alyeska Climbathon is a multi-lap, all day event held on the North Face Hiking Trail (NFT) at Alyeska Ski Resort. Participants ascend the approximately 2.5 mile hiking trail that gains 2,000 vertical feet from the Hotel Alyeska to the top terminal of the Alyeska Aerial Tram.
A lap begins at the tram base, climbs the North Face Trail and is counted at the top of the tram. Participants descend the tram and repeat over and over.
Over the course of 10 hours, participants lap the trail as many times as physically possible. It is a non-timed event. The winner of the event makes the most laps in the event. At the 2012 Alyeska Climbathon, 113 participants churned out 708 laps up the mountain to record 1,416,000 vertical feet. The top men achieved 12 laps (24,000 vert) and the top women achieved 10 laps (Denali in a Day 20,320 vert).
If you think you have what it takes to do “Denali in a day” join in the fun!
- Event registration will be limited to the first 250 climbers that register.
- Online registration closes Friday, September 13, 2013 at Noon.
- Bib pick-up will be available at the Alyeska Daylodge on Friday, September 13 from Noon to 8pm.
- Event day bib pick up will be available at the base of the Alyeska Aerial Tram beginning at 7am on Saturday, September 14, 2013.
- Official start time is 9am. The Climbathon is a rain or shine event.
- Official finish time is 7pm. Laps completed after 7pm will not be counted. You are expected to notify event staff when you are done lapping the North Face.
Results will be announced after 8pm. We will be recognizing:
- Mens & Womens individual vertical accomplishments
- Family vertical accomplishments
- Team vertical accomplishments